Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Work Diary- Taking Pictures for the website

Having taken the first set of images for the website I experimented with the initial idea I had of displaying a 1950's style 'pin up' look initially inspired by Rosie the riveter . using the tutorial below I attempted to transform the images which would serve as the backgrounds for the website, I wasn't happy with the result as they didn't seem to fit with the alternative theme of the music that my artist would have been. because of his I have decided to re-do this shoot but in a different location, potentially altering my subject's wardrobe so o look more edgy and therefore interesting. in this shoot I had my subject in a white top as I felt that the simplicity would prevent distraction from other aspects of the image such as the red lips which are a direct link to the tea cup marked with lipstick which would be present in the video and digipack as a potential metaphor for the artist. By doing this the result seemed bland and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment